The Electrical Service Manager is responsible for overseeing projects from planning through completion and ensuring customer satisfaction by delivering unparalleled service.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Journeyman License in Delaware/Completion of 4 years Electrical Apprenticeship
- Must have 3-5 years extensive experience/knowledge of construction, design, and cost management as an Electrical Project Manager or similar position in commercial, institutional, and industrial environment.
- Experience managing multiple projects up to $200,000 (residential and industrial projects preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, etc.), as well as an understanding of company and industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities
- Advanced abilities in reading and interpreting plans and specifications, especially electrical
- In-depth knowledge of National Fire Protection Association codes
- Must possess minimum OSHA-10, however, OSHA-30 is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Must be First Aid/CPR certified
- Daily tri-state travel to projects.
- Technology Skills – intermediate computer experience, primarily in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Project. Prefer proficiency in estimating software/EBM.
- Communication Skills – strong verbal skills to interact effectively and professionally with various levels of employees, management, vendors, and clients. Written skills to produce routine reports and professional correspondence.
- Interpersonal Skills – personable and able to build relationships both internally and externally. Represent Nickle in a professional manner at events.
- Energy – the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and ambitious with a desire to advance.
- Adaptability – willingness to adjust schedule to meet the demands of the job. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary. Work under time pressure deadlines and adjust to changing requirements.
- Leadership – ability to be proactive, manage performance, be a team player, and maintain a positive motivating demeanor.
- Integrity/Honesty – behave in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Show consistency in words and actions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate high-quality work in alliance with the vision and mission of Nickle.
- Provide initial customer contact to assess the scope of work, schedule, and resources necessary to successfully complete a project.
- Plan, organize, and schedule a project under the direction of the Senior Service Manager.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work in a timely and professional manner.
- Enforce and promote workplace safety procedures.
- Build relationships with employees while maintaining and supporting merit shop philosophy.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process to include goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to constantly remain in a stationary position
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, such as a copy machine
- Must be able to constantly exchange accurate information
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, and driving
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid, and/or rainy spring, summer, and fall weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects
- Required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hat where needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com