Monitor electrical installations and ensure work is performed according to Nickle standards and project specifications. Work cooperatively with GC and/or customer in managing the project, schedule, and employees. Responsible for maintaining productivity, safety, quality control, labor cost, scheduling, materials, and any other activities impacting successful completion of the project.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Journeyman License in Delaware/Completion of 4 years Electrical Apprenticeship.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of field experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Must be willing to travel to Tri-State projects.
- Must be able to bend pipe.
- Ability to effectively order and track materials, perform cost projections, and develop “as-built drawings”.
- Knowledge and experience related to scheduling, material lead times, products, and installation durations.
- Solid understanding of electrical codes and installation methods.
- Knowledgeable in the installation of power systems: lighting, fire protection, security, and data networks.
- Knowledgeable regarding the build, installation, and maintenance of control panels.
- Technology Skills- Basic computer experience primarily in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Decision Making-Use sound judgment. Consider all pertinent facts and alternatives.
- Problem Solving-Analyze, gather, and organize information. Produce appropriate solutions and recommendations.
- Planning & Organizing-Set priorities. Schedule activities. Allocates and uses resources properly.
- Communication skills- express ideas effectively. Organizes and delivers information appropriately. Actively listens.
- Teamwork-interact with people effectively. Cooperate within the group.
- Work ethic-set and maintains high-performance standards. Pays close attention to quality, accuracy, and completeness. Shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work.
- Motivation-displays energy and enthusiasm for the job. Commits in placing additional effort. Maintains a high level of productivity.
- Reliability-takes personal responsibility for job Completes work in a timely and consistent manner. Sticks to commitments.
- Adaptability-adapts to changing work environments and work priorities. Able to effectively deal with change and diverse people.
- Integrity- Shares complete and accurate information. Adheres to company policies and procedures. Show consistency in words and actions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve productivity objectives by establishing project goals, effectively managing and assigning tasks to journeymen, and maintaining accurate paperwork.
- Manage purchase orders and ensure ordered materials are received.
- Adhere to project contract document changes and Nickle change orders.
- Provide Superintendent/Project Manager with sufficient notice of any employee changes. Cooperate with the Project Manager to support the success of the project.
- Utilize a proactive approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues.
- Ensure employees start and finish work on time.
- Assist Project Managers in documenting performance evaluations.
- Communicate effectively with project owners, general contractors, management, and/or employees.
- Troubleshoot electrical components, wiring diagrams, transformers, motors, panels, and circuits.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical systems such as switch gears, motor controls, electrical panels, CT cabinets, conveyor systems, lighting, and power supplies.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, use testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Inspect systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work and maintain a safe workplace while complying and adhering to safety policies and OSHA-mandated requirements.
- Ensure proper safety equipment, material, and tools are onsite to perform the required work.
- Prepare toolbox talks.
- Complete jobs in a professional manner.
- Instruct and teach apprentices.
- Maintain company-owned property on a regular basis.
- Utilize the National Electrical Code.
- Support the merit shop philosophy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions.
- Must be able to squat or kneel while wearing a tool belt.
- Must be able to climb a ladder, pull wire and/or conduit, and bend pipe.
- Must be able to constantly exchange accurate information.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing walking, and driving.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects.
- Required to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hat where needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org